Companies that blog get 55% more website visitors. This is because every piece of new, unique content helps boost your Google rankings.
But blogging isn’t always easy, and many companies don’t know where to start. The following ideas will help set you on the right path to a successful blog, generate more website visitors and increase sales leads.
If you are finding it a struggle to generate content for your blog, download our guide full of tips and inspiration to help you overcome your writer’s block and ensure that you’re never short of ideas for your next blog post.
An engaging headline is an effective way to entice a person to read a blog post; but it can also be a great source of inspiration for when you want to write one. Here are 13 examples that might just give you an idea for your next post.
- 5 things you really should know about [insert business topic]
- A guide to understanding [insert business topic]’s recent changes
- Best practices for [insert business topic]
- Learn how to do more [insert business topic] with less
- 6 [insert business topic] secrets revealed
- The truth about [insert business topic]
- 7 instant improvements for [insert business topic]
- XX statistics about [insert business topic]
- 9 amazing [insert business topic] videos
- How to be the best [insert business topic]
- An insider’s guide to [insert business topic]
- What the experts won’t tell you about [insert business topic]
- 10 unexpected ways to be a leader at [insert business topic]
- Resources to help with your [insert business topic}
- Essential things to know about [insert business topic]
How to’s and tips
- A well written “how to” guide on a relevant topic is a great way to establish yourself as an authority within your industry.
- Give instructions with screenshots or photos on the steps someone needs to take to do something.
- Screen capture how-to content as you’re teaching it.
- Point out common mistakes in your industry and offer solutions on how to fix or avoid them.
- Offer a list of benefits for doing something.
- Share a list of some things to avoid.
- Handy tips for _____ when _____
- Strange ____ for _____
- _____things you didn’t know about _______
Use existing content
You don’t always have to produce new ideas out of thin air. Recycle old content and look for new ways to present old information.
- Take the contrarian position. Find someone else’s article that you agree or disagree with. Introduce your blog post with what you specifically agree or disagree with and support your argument with a few concise points.
- Do a weekly or daily roundup of relevant news for your community.
- Find tips in other content, create a list of those tips and give links to those articles as the sources.
- Share an excerpt from an eBook or white paper with a call to action to download it for the rest of the information.
- Share an excerpt from an upcoming webinar with a call to action to get the rest of the content in the webinar.
- Record presentations.
- Share your slides from a recent presentation.
- Share conference takeaways.
- Do a round-up of last year’s/last month’s/last week’s most popular posts.
- Re-interpret existing content: Collect the top motivational YouTube videos for your audience, top eBooks, top webinars or infographics.
- Turn everyday tools into downloadable templates.
Surveys and research
Tapping into the results from a relevant survey can be a great source for people’s opinions; which can then be written up into an informative blog post.
- Respond to industry research with your own perspective. Offer a fresh angle to spark conversation.
- Do a survey among your community members or peers and create an infographic based on the results.
- Run a survey in a group on LinkedIn
- Do a poll of your Twitter community with a Twtpoll or your Facebook community with a Facebook Question and post the results on your blog.
- Do an in-depth case study about one company, or offer a few examples of how other companies do something successfully.
- Compile compelling data.
Incorporate other platforms
A blog post doesn’t always have to be in the form of a written article. You could create a Slideshare presentation of new statistics related to your space and share that in a blog post. Tag the Slideshare presentation with relevant keywords for your company to leverage the SEO benefits of the platform. You could also ask a question on Twitter and share the results with a Storify embed.
Alternatively, collect Tweets from a webinar or conference hashtag. Show them off with Storify and offer your own takeaways in a blog post.
Fill out the form to get the free eBook on creating great blog content