Earlier this month we outlined a few awards opportunities. But many more opportunities exist hence this second post. You will find below additional information along with submission deadlines and hyperlinks.
– The IDTechEx Printed Electronics Awards recognize company innovation, success and development. The award ceremony will be held at one of the USA’s largest gathering – Printed Electronics/Photovoltaics USA in Santa Clara, in early December. The awards categories include Technical Development Materials Award, Technical Development Manufacturing Award, Product Development Award, Best Commercialization Award, and Academic R&D Award. Submissions must be received by November 5, 2010. More info is available from www.idtechex.com/printedelectronicsusa10/awards.asp
– World Communication Awards 2010: These awards recognise the companies and individuals responsible for the innovations, achievements and great new services that are helping to build tomorrow’s industry. They are open to all communications providers, whether they are traditional carrier, service provider, multimedia content provider or another organisation providing a communication service. The deadline for entries is 2 July 2010, and the winners will be announced on 24 November 2010. Additional information can be found here: http://wca.totaltele.com/
– The Environmental Excellence in Transportation (E2T) Award is administered by the Environmental Award Committee, under the auspices of the SAE Sustainable Development Program Committee. This award recognizes an individual or groups of individuals who through their ingenuity and dedication make significant innovations in reducing the environmental impact caused by the transportation industry. These innovative achievements may occur in motorized vehicles for land, sea, air, and space in the areas of fuels, alternative propulsion methods, fuel usage, materials, energy usage, manufacturing methods, logistics support, as well as in education, training and improving public awareness. The deadline for nomination is October 15. More info can be found here: www.sae.org/news/awards/list/e2t/
– EDN Hot 100: Winners are usually decided by EDN editors, amongst all new products that have been announced throughout a year. Therefore no nominations are necessary. The winners are announced in December.
And here are the awards mentioned previously, for completeness:
– E-Legacy Awards 2010 by EPD (IML Group); these are usually announced early November. Categories are Medical Advances, Environmental Design, Investment in Education, Contribution to Sustainability, Investment in the Environment, Contribution to Security, Green Manufacturing, and Alternative Energy. Nominations close on the 30th of May 2010, so don’t delay! For more information, simply visit www.epdonthenet.net/awards_nominate.aspx.
– Elektra 2010 Awards, or European Electronics Industry Awards, by Reed Electronics Group. These awards will be announced on 9th December 2010 at the Lancaster London Hotel. This event should attract up to 700 key industry people, making it one of the most high profile end-of-year gathering of senior industry people and executives. New award categories for this year include the following: Contract Manufacturer of the Year, Renewable Energy Design Award, and Environmental Award. For more information, visit www.electronicsweekly.com/events/elektras/.
– British Engineering Excellence Awards 2010 by Findlay Media (publisher of New Electronics & Eureka magazine); these awards will be announced on 14 October 2010. Categories include Design Engineer of the Year, Young Design Engineer of the Year, Consultancy of the Year, Small Company of the Year, Start Up of the Year, Green Product of the Year, New Product of the Year (Mechanical), New Product of the Year (Electronic), as well as the British Engineering Excellence Grand Prix and the Judges’ Special Award. Visit www.beeas.co.uk/ for more information.
– The Engineer Technology + Innovation Awards 2010 by British magazine The Engineer: these awards will be announced on 3rd December 2010 at the Royal Society, in London. There is a high number of categories, including Aerospace, Defence & Security, Energy, Medical & Healthcare, and Environmental Technology; please note the project submitted must involve collaboration with a UK university. The entry submission deadline is 16th July 2010. For more information on these awards, visit www.theengineerawards.co.uk/
– The Innovation in Engineering Awards 2010 by the IET (The Institution of Engineering and Technology); these awards will be announced at a gala dinner on 24 November 2010. Nominations close on 30 June 2010. There are also the IET North West Engineering Innovation Awards 2010, who identify and reward leading innovations in engineering, science and technology from across the region. For more information, visit http://conferences.theiet.org/innovation-awards/index.htm.
– The National Business Awards 2010, including The Santander Small to Medium Sized Business of the Year Award, which is open to all organisations with no more than £25 million turnover in their last financial year. The entry submission deadline is on the 23rd of June 2010. Other key dates are as follows: Finalists to be announced on 28 July 2010. Finalist/Judging Presentations: September – October 2010. The awards ceremony itself will take place on the 9th of November 2010. Visit www.nationalbusinessawards.co.uk/ for more info.