UBM Electronics has announced the call for nominations for the Design News Annual Golden Mousetrap awards competition (held annually since 2003), which honours innovation of products in automation, electronics, materials, and design tools.
The categories are:
Electronics & Test
- Components, Hardware & Interconnects
- Embedded Computing/Processing
- Analog/Power Management/Control
- Test & Measurement
- Wireless Components
Automation & Control
- Fluid Power Technologies
- Industrial Network Technologies (e.g., I/O, Ethernet, Wireless)
- Motors and Mechanical Motion Devices
- Sensors, Vision Systems, Feedback Devices
Design Tools: Hardware & Software
- Analysis and Calculation Software
- CAD /PDM/PLM Software
- Peripherals (e.g., 3D mice, monitors, haptic devices, virtual reality add-ons)
Materials & Assembly
- Engineering Plastics
- Fastening, Joining and Assembly Components
- Materials Processing
- Rapid Prototyping Materials, Tools and Services
- Metals and Other Materials
This year’s awards program will be judged by Design News’ editors, as well as the Design News Advisory Board, which includes thought leaders from the design engineering industry.
In conjunction with UBM Canon’s Pacific Design & Manufacturing and Medical Device and Manufacturing (MD&M) events, the Design News Golden Mousetrap awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. at the Anaheim Hilton Hotel. Pacific Design & Manufacturing and MD&M will take place February 12-14, 2013 in Anaheim, CA, USA.
In addition, Golden Mousetrap winners will be featured on DesignNews.com and in the February 2013 issue of Design News.
More information is available from Lauren Muskett, Assistant Managing Editor at [email protected].