With more and more businesses realising the benefits of social media, blogging and other online marketing channels, there is one thing that every marketer now needs more of. Content!
Whether we are creating articles, videos, podcasts or any other forms of media, we all need a constant supply of ideas to help us avoid those barren periods where inspiration is in short supply. The good news is there are plenty of ways that you can produce compelling content; you just need to know where to look!
If you are stuck for ideas, here are 75 inspirational sources and tips to kick start your content creation:
- You don’t need to always create brand new content. Take an old article or blog post and turn it into visual content in the form of a slideshow, infographic, video or podcast.
- Do a weekly or daily links roundup of relevant news for your community.
- Publish responses to frequently asked questions about your industry.
- Collect Tweets from a webinar or conference hashtag and offer your own thoughts.
- Do a screencast of your product and share it on your blog.
- Point out common mistakes in your industry and offer solutions on how to fix or avoid them.
- Share your slides from a recent presentation.
- Record an interview with an expert in your field and post it to your blog.
- De-bunk common myths.
- Post a Flickr slideshow of pictures from a recent event.
- Share a humorous cartoon or create an original one.
- Respond to industry research with your own perspective. Offer a fresh angle to spark conversation.
- Take the contrarian position. Find someone else’s article that you agree or disagree with. Introduce your blog post with what you specifically agree or disagree with and support your argument with a few concise points.
To get the remaining 62 simply download the ebook!
If you follow these tips for content creation, you will soon realise that ideas are everywhere; and that sitting down, staring at a blank screen waiting for inspiration will become a thing of the past!
What are your favourite sources for content creation? Post your best ones below!