Hearst Business Media has agreed a deal with electronic component procurement specialists, Partminer, to provide access to the Partminer CAPS™ database via ICMaster.com. The agreement, designed to enable faster search and selection of electronic components, will add new features to IC Master, which had its debut in print 35 years ago. These include:
– Cross Reference: For the engineer or procurement professional in need of an alternative part or supplier.
– Pricing & Lead Times: In addition to availability, soon to be added to all inventory search results.
– Status: A quick glance to see if parts are still active or obsolete.
– Compare: Improved to allow a fast and easy visual side-by-side comparative analysis of parts offered by the same or different suppliers.
– Datasheets: readily downloadable – now without having to register.
“This is an exciting time for Hearst Electronics as we ramp up our suite of no-nonsense tools for the busy engineer,” said William Barron, Vice President and Publishing Director of Hearst Electronics Group. “Combined with Electronic Products, Electronic Products China and 21IC, ICMaster.com reinforces our commitment to remaining in lockstep with their ever-shortening time-to-market, cost and functionality pressures.”